- 240 g ground almonds
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g Xylitol, powdered (or any other sweetener of your choice which is equivalent of 150g of sugar)
- 4 eggs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Line the 20 cm loose bottom cake tin with baking paper
- Using electric mixer beat egg yolks with xylitol, add ricotta, vanilla extract and ground almond and briefly mix to combine the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into ricotta mixture to loosen and then fold in the rest.
- Spread the mixture in the tin, sprinkle the almond flakes on the top and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Cool it down and refrigerate it overnight. Dust with powdered xylitol before serving.
1 slice (1/12 of the cake)