Ingredients (for 6 large cupcakes):
- 60 g ground almond
- 40 g soy flour
- 100 g Xylitol
- 1 egg
- 120 ml full fat milk
- 40 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 ½ tbsp. xylitol
- Preheat oven to 170 C and prepare 6 muffin cases (if you use smaller, cupcake cases you will need around 10 – 12)
- Place the flour ,cocoa powder, xylitol, baking powder, salt and butter and using electric mixer beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract in a jug and slowly pour into the flour mixture. Beat to combine it for couple of minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Set aside to cool down.
- For the topping whip the cream with xylitol. Add mascarpone cheese and combine together. Using piping bag decorate the cupcakes. You can use some pomegranate for decoration