Ingredients (makes about 15 slices):
· 80g Soy flour, sieved
· 100g Ground almond
· 85g butter, softened
· Equivalent of 250g sugar (I used 250g xylitol, grinned using coffee grinder)
· 5 eggs, separated
· 2 tsp. baking powder
· Pinch of cream of tartar
· Juice from 1 lemon
· Zest from 1 lemon
· Preheat oven to 170C and line little baking tin (19cm long, 8cm wide) with baking paper.
· In medium bowl mix soy flour, ground almond and baking powder.
· In a large bowl whip egg whites with cream of tartar (with electric mixer it takes only few minutes).
· In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs yolks with butter until yellow and fluffy. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sweetener and mix all together well.
· Add 1/3 of whipped egg whites to the eggy mixture and using spatula fold it in as gently and slow as possible. Fold the whole mixture into remaining egg whites and again, fold it in as gently as possible.
· Add half of mixed flours and fold it in gently. Add remaining flour and repeat folding in.
· Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for about 50 min. Check with a skewer if the cake is baked (the skewer should come out clean). Let it cool and decorate with xylitol (powdered).