· 90 g ground almond
· 30g soya flour
· 5 big eggs
· 125 g unsalted butter (softened)
· 150 xylitol (powdered)
· 100 g dark chocolate (I used Mernier dark chocolate)
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· ½ tsp. bicarbonate soda
· 250g mascarpone cheese
· 200g whipping cream
· 4 tsp. instant coffee
· 3 tsp. powdered gelatine
· 4 tbsp. xylitol
· 250 g whipping cream
· 1 tbsp. xylitol (or more if you wish)
· Preheat oven to 170 C and line spring form tin with baking paper.
· Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and set aside to cool down a bit.
· Using electric hand mixer beat the butter. Add Xylitol and melted chocolate.
· Separate egg yolks from whites. Add yolks to the chocolate mixture, one at the time mixing continuously.
· Sift the ground almond, soy flour, baking powder and soda and add to the mixture.
· Beat the egg whites and mix very gently with the chocolate mixture.
· Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes. Check with a skewer if the cake is baked (the skewer should come out clean). Let it cool down and cut in half lengthwise.
· Dissolve gelatine in ¼ cup of hot water. Let it cool down slightly.
· Dissolve coffee in one tablespoon of hot water and mix with mascarpone cheese.
· Whip the cream and add Splenda together with dissolved gelatine mixing continuously.
· Add the cream mixture to the mascarpone cream.
· Whip the cream and add Splenda.
Assembly of the cake:
Spread the coffee cream on a layer of the chocolate cake. Cover with the second layer. Spread the whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder or coffee.
Calories and Carbohydrates:
1 slice (1/14 of the cake)
Source: Adapted from moje wypieki