Ingredients (for about 14 muffins):
· 75 g wheat bran
· 100 g Xylitol, powdered
· 10 g Splenda
· 60 g dry poppy seeds
· 3 tbsp. ground almond
· 3 tbsp. soy flour
· 100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
· 150 g coconut oil, melted
· 1 big braeburn apple, grated (about 120g)
· 4 eggs
· 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· Pinch of cream of tartar
· 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
· All of the ingredients should be at room temperature.
· Preheat oven to 180C. Seperate egg whites from yolks and using electric mixer beat them with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
· Slowly add Xylitol and Splenda and continue whisking. Add the egg yolks and beat. Add bran, poppy seeds and mix using spatula.
· Pour coconut oil into the mixture and mix all together. Fold in ground almond, soya flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
· Fold in walnuts and apple.
· Divide butter into muffin cases and bake for about 15-20 minutes ( check with the skewer if its baked)
Carbohydrates and Calories (using mix of Splenda and Xylitol):