Ingredients (makes about 16 pieces):
- 200 g ground almonds
- 20 g cocoa
- 3 tbsp. powdered xylitol
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. ground almond
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 150 g powdered xylitol (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut essence (or coconut liquor)
- 150g dark chocolate (I used tesco 74% cocoa)
- 350 ml whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. coconut essence
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a spring form tin with baking paper (only the bottom)
- Mix all dry ingredients. Slightly beat the eggs with a fork and add to the dry ingredients together with melted coconut oil. Mix well and put in a fridge for 30 minutes. Press evenly into the tin and bake for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool down a bit.
- Preheat oven to 160C and place a big tray with boiling water at the bottom of your oven. We will make a simple version of baking in a water bath :)
- Place all ingredients for a cheesecake layer in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer for couple of minutes (not too long so the mixture won’t get too airy).
- Pour the mixture on a chocolate base and place on a shelf above tray with hot water. Bake for about 60 minutes. It should look set and firm (baking time may depends on your oven and can be a bit longer than 60 min). Set aside to cool down and refrigerate.
- That’s the most time consuming part of the cake. It’s very easy but the mixture needs at least 4 hours in the fridge. Place whipping cream in a saucepan and warm it up (but do not bring it to boil).
- Take off the heat and add chocolate broken into little pieces. Stir well until you get nice, smooth chocolate mixture.
- Add liquor or coconut essence. Set aside to cool down and put in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- When the mixture is firmly set take it out of the fridge and using electric mixer beat the cream for couple of minutes to get a thick cream (as if you were making a whipped cream).
- Spread the mouse on top of cheese layer and place the cake in the fridge for couple of hours. Decorate with desiccated coconut and enjoy :)
1 slice (1/16 of the cake)