Recipe of base here
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g/51/2oz smoked bacon lardons
- 500g/17 1/2 oz leeks, wasked and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml/7 fl oz double cream
- 50g/13/4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Bake the quiche base from this recipe. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/325F/Gas 3
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the bacon lardons and fry gently for 5-6 minutes until golden-brown. Add the leeks to the pan and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the leek mixture over the bottom of the pastry case.
- Mix the eggs, cream and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into the pastry case and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Leave to cool for a few minutes then cut into wedges and serve.